Thursday, September 9, 2010

BP_4_Bubbl.us

A great web 2.0 tool to use in the classroom is bubbl.us.  Bubbl.us is a website that is used to create concept maps.  It is very easy to use and can be as large or small as needed.  A person can also color code each bubble to mean a certain thing.  It is very user friendly and requires no monthly fee.  One great thing about this website is that the maps can be shared and edited by other people.  This allows people to collaborate easily with other people if they need to.  Also by signing up  a person can save their map and use it for future use in the classroom.  A very handy 2.0 tool indeed.

4 comments:

  1. I am glad you are sharing this web tool. I have been searching for tools to create concept maps. I used the nice mindmap from Buzar. Great tool, but it is too expensive. I will give it a try! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taylor, I like this web 2.0 tool. I have been looking for a great mindmapping website that is not charged so that I can have my students create their own mindmaps. What is nice about it is that students can collaborate on it like a google docs program. I will definitely be using this site in the future so thank you for introducing it to us on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey T.C. I had been using bubbl.us for years. In fact, I think it was what introduced me to concept and mind maps. I've also found it useful for flow charts and other applications. The features that you describe, such as color coding make it a very handy tool. I think it's simply the most user friendly concept mapping application out there. And you can't beat the price! Thanks for reminding me about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited that you posted this Web 2.0 tool. I'm concept mapping styles of music in my classroom and this is just what I need for my class lesson plans this week. Excellent selection Taylor! Thank you soooooo much!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete