Sunday, June 19, 2011

Chapter 5-8 Reading

The chapter that stuck out most to me was chapter 8 about being passionate for what we love to do.  How to let go of things that are holding us back.  Being afraid to fail and how we need to let go of our barriers in order to truly succeed.  I thought I would share a success story of a time that I had done what this particular chapter was talking about.   I have two other brothers and no sisters.  I do not know much about girls however my first job that I ever got was coaching girls.  This was stepping into brand new territory for me.  I have always wanted to be a successful guys football coach and being a girls coach was opposite of this.  One thing I was very afraid of was being successful with girls.  I was afraid that if I was successful with girls I would not be able to get out of coaching girls and get into coaching guys.  I went about my business coaching girls kind of halfheartedly myk first year.  We did OK in sports but were not truly succeeding.  This past year I thought that I am going to give 100% no matter what and see what happens.  We were very successful and I applied and got a new job coaching guys and teaching somewhere else.  I think it plays into life that trying your hardest is something you should do at all times and that being passionate will help and affect your work attitude about what goes on around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment