Saturday, June 25, 2011

Tina Deluca Blog response # 1

Taylor Stoker
I agree with you completely!!  I wrote my blog post about the same thing!  When I communicated and showed my students that I cared about them on a personal level they showed much more interest and responded to me on a much bigger level!
Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 02:01 AM

Chapter 9 Lighting a Spark or enrolling someone hit home. I always try to make contact with my students on a personal level if I can. Students are more interested in science when I ask about their personal lives. Did you guys win the game last night? How did your dance recital go? A short story will usually accompany the question from said student. However, during that class the student is more inquisitive about what I a teaching. Another part of the reading that really brought to light the world around me was Chapter 12 Telling the WE Story. If everyone would do this there would be no disagreements. In schools, “How can We help all of our students?” could be the topic of a meeting and the outcome could be fantastic. There are always going to be some people that are playing the fault or blame game, you need to get them enrolled in the We scenario to help all around them. I am going to propose this to my classes on the first day of school. “How can WE help each other to succeed this year in science class?” I am interested to hear what the students have to say. Great book really opened my eyes to different ways to think. It also brought to light some of the things that I am already doing and was not aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment