Sunday, June 5, 2011

Richard Blog Response

2nd Blog-I got my “A” or in my case, I got my “Master’s”

I had to dedicate one of my blogs to what I read in the book, giving an “A”.  Mr. Z, as the students called him, chose to abolish the norm of giving A’s, B’s, etc. for his classes.  He did this to loosen the confines of competition and help his students see, they are all “A” students.  The only thing that the students had to do was write a letter in past tense stating why they earned their “A”. I want to write my “A” or “Master’s” letter.

Dear Full Sail,

I got my Master’s because it helped find new job opportunities and confidence in my career life.  Before, I was discouraged, unmotivated about not advancing in career.  The job place had become a paycheck, a means of just getting by in life.  Sometimes I had felt depressed.  I didn’t want to gather more debt that I knew would take me more time to pay off.

Now, I have accomplished something that I thought I wouldn’t happen.  Even with my move to Egypt, the job opportunities have continued come in.   Its not that my life is a measurement of what job I have or what I have accomplished, but the feeling of self-confidence that comes with this accomplishment.  The discouragements are gone, my motivation high, and the thought of knowing I have done it!  Thank you FS, you have helped a dream come true.




A very creative and heartfelt blog entry. That's awesome how something like what we've been doing can help us find new jobs and opportunities. I also got a new job and I feel this masters played a large part in that. I also agree and hate traditional A B C grades. It seems much to hard to determine what a person is learning based on traditional grading criteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment